Thursday, July 30, 2009

Days 4, 5, and 6

Gosh, I bet you think I forgot about you! It's been a crazy last week or so, but here's more info about the trip. This was the portion of the vacation that was all R&R. Our hotel was nice, but more for the exterior accomodations than the interior. All in all, we didn't do much during these days, so this is short and sweet.

This cove was the private beach for the hotel. The cave was off limits for exploring, so we didn't get to go into it. There were other small ones at the bottom that you could go in, though. Chris had a great time exploring down there!





Here are the boys doing their finest fish impressions:



Our rock hound:


While I was re-sizing this picture this morning, I called Will in to see it (because I loved it so) and he declared he didn't like it because he looked too old. Hmm, I think he may have a point!



Our hotel was just on the outskirts of a small beach town called Carvoiero. It was a nice little walk to go into town, so we would go in for dinner. There were the typical souvenir shops and such, as well. Here are the boys on the public beach:


This was one of my favorite scenery shots - I love that fisherman on the rock. These boats were available for hire to go on cave tours (I guess our cave wasn't the only one in the area).



This was one of the sidewalk cafes that we ate at. The beach was just a stone's throw away, and on this particular evening, the municipal workers were setting up for a Fado concert in the public area.



That's all for now! Chat with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment